A. Certificated Salaries
Staff under contract to the district shall be paid according to current staff salary schedules.
The district shall adopt annual salary schedules and reproduce the same by printing, mimeographing or other reasonable method, which shall be the basis for salaries of staff in the district.
B. Classified Salaries
Classified staff shall be placed on the approved wage and salary guide for classes of such staff. The superintendent is authorized to credit past service of an applicant for employment in the district for placement on the wage or salary guide not to exceed ______years.
In order to advance one step on the salary schedule, a staff member must have served at least two-thirds of the prior work year with the district.
C. Administrative Salaries
The board will establish and follow salary schedules for administrative staff based upon professional preparation, experience and position. When appropriate, such salary schedules will be consistent with the terms of applicable bargaining agreements.
D. Application of Course Credits to the Certificated Salary Schedule
The district shall provide for the review and adjustment of certificated staff contracts on the basis of information filed with the personnel office by (insert locally determined date). The staff member shall provide the personnel office, according to schedule, with the required information, including official college or university transcripts, official records of degrees completed, official records of approval and completion of authorized work for equivalent credits and all other pertinent data for contract adjustment purposes.
Credits earned by certificated staff after September 1, 1995 shall be eligible for application to the state salary schedule only if the course content meets one of the following criteria:
1. The course is consistent with a school-based plan for mastery of student learning goals identified in the annual school performance report for the school in which the staff member is assigned;
2. The course pertains to the individualís current assignment or expected assignment for the subsequent school year;
3. The course is necessary to obtain an endorsement required by the state board of education;
4. The course is specifically required to obtain an advanced level of certification; or
5. The course is part of a college or university degree program that pertains to the staff memberís current or potential future assignment as instructional staff.
Peace Corps† or
The superintendent is authorized to grant one year of increment credit for each year served in the military Peace Corps or Vista service or professional employment providing such service interrupted the staff member's actual teaching career. For purposes of credit, one-half or more of a year of service shall be counted as a full year.
Legal References:†††††††† RCW† 28A.405.200†††††††††††††††††††††† Annual salary schedule as basis for salaries for certificated employees
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† WAC 392-121-200-299†††††††††††††† Definition ó Certificated years of experience
Adoption Date: JUNE 25, 2003