Bus routes & schedules
Severe Weather Transportation Information
Click on the link below to view snow route information for your area:
- Severe Weather Routes Blaine and Birch Bay
- Severe Weather Routes Pt. Roberts Primary School
- Severe Weather Routes Pt. Roberts to Blaine
SNOW CONDITIONS AND CLOSURES – School schedules and school bus transportation may be changed on short notice as winter ice and snow conditions begin to impact our area.
When conditions are severe, all announcements regarding school closures, delays or changes in transportation will be made on the
School closure or changes in the transportation schedule will also be broadcast over the following television channels: KOMO 4, KING 5 and KIRO 7. Also KGMI (AM 790) RADIO STATION will carry the closures. Please tune to these stations if you have reason to believe that there may be a school closure or changes in the transportation schedule.
If there are no announcements on the Blaine SD app, the BSD website, radio or TV, you can assume that school is open on time and buses are on normal routes.
During inclement weather, buses may run behind schedule. You may call the Transportation Department at 360-332-0700. Phone lines will be very busy. The Blaine School District Website or the Schedule Hotline (360-332-0789) are the best choices for current updates.
- Dress students appropriately knowing that they may have to wait longer than usual for the bus.
- Bear in mind that bus schedules may run late due to changing driving conditions.
- Allow for short notice schedule changes and late buses.
- Remind their children to be especially cautious while walking to the school bus stop during hours of darkness and inclement weather.
- Remind their children to wait well off of the roadway for the bus during icy and dark conditions.