EMERGENCY SCHEDULE CHANGES OR CLOSURES - School schedules, bus transportation, and the outside use of school facilities may be changed on short notice in the event of severe weather conditions or other emergencies.
Notifications will be sent to families via the Blaine School District App, and the community at large via the Live Feed on the Blaine School District website, as well as our social media pages. You can also call the schedule hotline at 360-332-0789. In the event of a need to cancel outside use of one of our facilities, the contact person listed on the facility use application will be notified.
All announcements regarding emergency school closures, delays or changes in transportation will also be reported to the following news outlets: KGMI (AM 790), KPUG (AM 1170), KAFE (FM 104.1), KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, AND KCPQ 13.
If there are no announcements, you may assume that school is open on time and buses are on normal routes.
During inclement weather, buses may run behind schedule. You may call the Transportation Department at 360-332-8933, but please keep in mind that phone lines will be very busy.
The Blaine School District would like to thank you for your cooperation and flexibility during inclement weather conditions and take this opportunity to remind parents to:
- Dress students appropriately knowing they may have to wait longer than usual for the bus.
- Bear in mind that bus schedules may run late due to changing driving conditions.
- Allow for short notice schedule changes and late buses.
- Remind their children to be especially cautious while walking to the school bus stop during hours of darkness and inclement weather.
- Remind their children to wait well off of the roadway for the bus during icy and dark conditions.