Blaine School District employs two nurse positions and two health room assistants. These four health services staff members are assigned to multiple schools in order to provide services to all campuses. Our nurses carry cell phones, making them readily available to their schools and staff.
School nurses are specialized professionals who provide knowledgeable insight into acute and chronic health conditions, and normal growth and development. Our nurses can support you and your student by:
- Implementing Individual Health Plans
- Supervising medications
- Planning for students with life threatening health conditions
- Developing classroom accommodation plans
- Acting as a liaison between families, students, school personnel and the medical community
- Monitoring communicable diseases
- Overseeing immunization compliance
- Providing state mandated screenings
If your student has any health concerns, please contact your school nurse.