FRIDAY, JANUARY 17, 2020 - SCHOOL AND ALL RELATED ACTIVITIES CANCELED
SNOW CONDITIONS AND CLOSURES - School schedules and school bus transportation may be changed on short notice as winter ice and snow conditions begin to impact our area.
When conditions are severe, all announcements regarding school closures, delays or changes in transportation will be made over the following radio stations: KGMI (AM 790), KARI (AM 550), KPUG (AM 1170), KAFE (FM 104.1). Please tune to these stations if you have reason to believe that there may be a school closure or changes in the transportation schedule. The radio stations will repeat the school closures frequently. Also KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, AND KCPQ 13 TV STATIONS will carry the closures.
Notifications will also be sent out via the Blaine School District App, posted on the Live Feed on the Blaine School District website, as well as on our social media pages. You can also call the schedule hotline at 360-332-0789.
If there are no announcements on the radio or TV, you may assume that school is open on time and buses are on normal routes. During inclement weather, buses may run behind schedule. You may call the Transportation Department at 360-332-8933, but please keep in mind that phone lines will be very busy.
The Blaine School District would like to thank you for your cooperation and flexibility during inclement weather conditions and take this opportunity to remind parents to:
- Dress students appropriately knowing they may have to wait longer than usual for the bus.
- Bear in mind that bus schedules may run late due to changing driving conditions.
- Allow for short notice schedule changes and late buses.
- Remind their children to be especially cautious while walking to the school bus stop during hours of darkness and inclement weather.
- Remind their children to wait well off of the roadway for the bus during icy and dark conditions.