STUDENT DATA Services and assessment DEPARTMENT
Located at 752 School Dr., Blaine, WA 98230
Mailing address: 765 H Street, Blaine, WA 98230
Phone: 360.332.0747 or 360.332.0726
Washington students are tested regularly by the state to assess their progress as they move through school. State tests include the following, and may be taken with or without tools, supports, or accommodations*:
- Smarter Balanced: English language arts (ELA) and math tests
- Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS): Science test for grades 5, 8 and 11
- Washington – Access to Instruction and Measurement (WA-AIM): ELA, math, and science alternate assessments for students with significant cognitive challenges documented in their Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- More information about state-approved alternatives can be found here
* Tools are available to all students and can be used at the student's discretion. Supports are available to English language learners and any student with a need identified by an educator. Accommodations are for students who receive special education services with a documented need noted in an IEP or 504 plan.
Learn more by reading Guidelines on Tools, Supports, & Accommodations.
If a student's IEP documents the need for an accommodation that is not addressed within the guidelines, the student's IEP team may have their school district personnel submit a Non-Standard Accommodation Request form.